Sunday, October 21, 2007

Album Review: Saybia-Eyes On The Highway


Purchase
Listen

I was familiar with Saybia before I received a copy of their 3rd LP, Eyes On The Highway, having previously covered the 2004 release, These Are The Days. I adored that album 3 years ago, but it did not quite prepare me for the masterpiece they would go on to record.

Simply put, Eyes On The Highway, is an amalgam of nearly every band I've come to love. Taking little pieces of bands like Ours, Gazpacho, Coldplay, Interpol, Jeff Buckley, heck even the amazing (and disgustingly obscure) Dikta. Since the band hails from Denmark, I'm guessing a lot of this is not pre meditated, making it all the more impressive. This ability to craft one unforgettable song after another, each one pulling more and more on your heart strings, just becomes uncanny after the course of 50 minutes.

The album flutters and churns around with loads of acoustic guitars, piano keys, and random bursts of strings or crashing waves. Never does a sound on the album feel out of place, and never do you feel disappointed. From the beautiful opener, "On Her Behalf, " to the ultra-catchy "Godspeed Into the Future" the album flows seamlessly, with tracks that would complete any mix. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention one of the best songs of the year, "The Odds." Lord, this band is breathtaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oZzy moved away earlier, I miss his cock, and i
am always hungry for sex.
FUCK MY PUSSY!

Also visit my web blog - hcg injections
Also see my site > hcg injections